Middleware Engineer - RabbitMQ - IST / CET / PST
Erlang Solutions build transformative solutions for the world’s most ambitious companies. Working with clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500, including WhatsApp, Klarna, Pivotal, Cars.com, Ericsson and MasterCard to mention a few.
With headquarters in London and offices in Stockholm, Krakow and Budapest, our distributed team spans across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
One of our services is 24/7 support for RabbitMQ, an AMQP pub/sub message broker which is often part of our customers’ critical high availability infrastructure.
About the Role
The technical support specialist will be part of a new offering of Support Organisation working remotely here at Erlang Solutions. You will provide problem solving expertise to our customers globally and gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies as well as gaining professional development to become a leading expert in RabbitMQ. This person will be critical to support our users in a non stop operation providing 1st or 2nd line technical support on a rotational basis.
● Provide customer support to assist customer needs for RabbitMQ
● Demonstrate problem solving, post application rollout, maintenance of systems, troubleshooting performance (measure, optimise)
● Escalation of issues remotely detected: monitoring, remotely assisting, raising attended visits, in accordance with departmental procedures and policies
● Supporting high functioning systems which may not fail
● Exposure to many programming languages
● Gaining valuable experience in varying deployment environments
● Solid/operational experience of RabbitMQ in production
● Strong experience troubleshooting and problem solving with creative solution
● Background in infrastructure or cloud configuration
● Understanding of Erlang programming / scripting language
● Holistic understanding of the basic principles of networking and operating systems
● An understanding of distributed systems architecture
● AWS certified or similar and ability to deliver under pressure
Benefits & Perks
● Competitive salary and benefits
● Learning from industry leaders & trainers
● Fully remote position
● Opportunity to become an expert in your field
● Working with well regarded firms across multiple industries