Role: Lead Java Developer
Location: remote with offices in the UK & EU
Erlang Solutions is a global technology company which is part of the Trifork Group. Trifork is striving to be at the forefront of technological innovation by inspiring and teaching customers about new technological possibilities, building innovative software solutions and operating and maintaining these solutions.
Erlang Solutions work across a number of industries including Fintech, healthcare and gaming, building transformative solutions for the world’s most ambitious companies. Our team counts over 120 people working from London, Stockholm, Krakow, Budapest, New York and across the Americas, to fix issues of scale, reliability & performance. We are a true cultural mix of people working together.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Lead Java Developer to work on one of our main accounts in FinTech sector.
This role would give you exposure to work with international clients on worldwide payment transactions and ability to contribute to the new product portfolio. This is a client facing role and still very technically hands on, therefore communication skills are crucial.
As a Lead Java Developer you would:
- Establish and operate processes to monitor performance of Java team members
- Understand the business unit’s targets to execute the targeted roadmap
- Influence customer on technical design decisions where these are likely to have long term impact or consequences
- Embrace customer design decisions and adopt pragmatic approach to ensure flexibility
- Leadership and strategic skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experienced with complex java systems
- Expert at profiling, tuning and troubleshooting distributed java systems
- Message processing experience eg XML, json
- Ideally experience with ISO payment protocols such as ISO 20022 or ISO 8583
- Experienced with distributed multi-threaded Java systems and good understanding of managing failures
- Experienced with Java transaction processing / event driven systems - (2+ years)
- Java8 and later
- Experienced with Spring Boot – (2+ years)
- Experienced with queuing such as JMS, RabbitMQ, (2+ years)
- Knowledge of Docker / containerisation and modern deployment concept
- Experienced working in environment with CI/CD and test automation concepts
This will be working with one of our clients in the financial services industry so we will need to conduct some pre-employment screening.
Intrigued? Sound like a good fit? Apply now and we can chat!